During the fall season in Fort Worth, it is important to inspect your HVAC system, so it is ready for colder weather. Once you are done using your air conditioner, it is essential to check your heating system to make sure it works efficiently and doesn’t require repairs.
- Inspect your outside equipment to make sure that it is clean. If there is debris around the equipment outside, clear it away from your heating and cooling units and make sure there isn’t anything on the units.
- Check the exhaust vents, valve caps, and insulation to make sure everything looks the way it should.
- If you have a cover for your air conditioner, place it on the unit when you know it will be many months before you use it again. Running you’re A/C with a cover on is dangerous!
- Change the air filter inside your home for the best air quality in the fall and winter.
- If your home has a programmable thermostat, set your thermostat for the new season. Consider the times your home is empty, and the time everyone is asleep. These hours require less heat for everyone to remain comfortable, which will save you energy costs.
- Clean and check your floor and ceiling vents for dust and debris. Move furniture and household items away from your vents so that they aren’t blocked.
- If you have a humidity filter, check it to see if it needs changing.
- If you have ceiling fans, adjust them to run clockwise. If they run clockwise, they will push the warm air down from the higher spaces in your home to keep the lower areas warmer.
- Have a professional inspect your fuel pressure and check the motor and burner equipment. A professional will also check the exhaust flue and other controls and sensors.
Getting ready for the colder months is easy with preventative maintenance. Hawk Plumbing Heating & Air is available to help you make sure your whole home has adequate heat as the season changes.