Warmer weather is on the way, and while Texas generally has higher annual temperatures than
most of the rest of the country, all residents should understand the risks of plumbing issues that
increase over the summer months. Hawk Plumbing in Fort Worth, TX can help you quickly
diagnose and solve plumbing problems and also help prepare your property for warmer weather.
Consider some of the following common summer plumbing issues and call us for assistance:
1. Increased rainfall and a higher chance of flooding. Although Texas is relatively dry,
many parts of the state experience flooding during storms. If your home's drainage
system is compromised, you could be at increased risk of flood damage.
2. Summer generally means higher water consumption, and this can mean a septic system
needs to work harder during warmer weather. A backed up septic tank can cause stagnant
wastewater to pool in your yard or worse, inside your home.
3. Changing weather can cause hardened sediments in your pipes to dislodge and clog your
water system. As temperatures fluctuate the composition of some minerals in your
drainage system can change and cause severe clogging issues.
4. A hard freeze during the winter could mean burst pipes or other issues once the weather
turns. Fix leaks quickly this summer as the combination of moisture and humidity creates
ideal growing conditions for mold and mildew.
5. Water heater problems are generally more common during colder weather, but the
changing seasons can still cause water heater problems. Rust and scale buildup can
dislodge and interfere with your water heater’s performance.
6. Many property owners have sprinkler systems to keep their lawns and gardens looking
great during the warm weather, but these systems may have frozen or sustained damage
during the winter. A sprinkler leak can cause severe water damage very quickly.
These are just a few of the most common plumbing issues property owners encounter when the
weather changes. Instead of spending time worrying about plumbing issues and dealing with
stressful and costly damage, enjoy the summer months with peace of mind and have a
professional plumber from Hawk Plumbing inspect your property and address any issues before
the hot weather starts.